"We'll get the 1000 done at Bathurst."
That is the vow that Supercars chief executive officer Sean Seamer has made and if he has it his way, fans will also be in attendance at Mount Panorama to watch this year's edition of the 161-lap epic.
With the number of COVID-19 cases in New South Wales continuing to rise and sporting events across the state - including a number of Central West competitions - being cancelled or abandoned, Seamer has been exploring options for the Bathurst 1000.
At this stage it is slated to go ahead on November 4-7, having been rescheduled from its original October timeslot, but Seamer revealed that a December date is now being considered.
That would open up the possibility of having more fans attend, Seamer hoping for better than last year's Great Race which was capped at 4,000 spectators per day due to COVID-19 restrictions.
"We all went through a luted Bathurst 1000 experience last year, and nobody wants to be in that position again," Seamer said in a media call.
"Right now, the latest it can run is early December.
"It's certainly something that we're looking at, the exact date is TBC. But we are certainly considering a schedule of the 1000 to make sure that it's as late as possible, that gets maximum attendance and exposure.
While a move to December is no guarantee that spectator numbers could be increased on last year, one thing Seamer has promised is that the Bathurst race will go ahead in its iconic endurance format.
"I don't see why you would do a 1,000 kay race for the sake of doing it," he said.
"We'll get the 1000 done at Bathurst. What we need to do is get as many of our fans there as possible.
"What we've always said is that Bathurst is the one non-negotiable and will ensure that everything gets given the right window to provide maximum attendance and exposure."