Four Bega Valley films are among those selected as stand-out films to be shown at the Far South Film Festival in August.
From a great crop of entries from filmmakers living in regional areas around Australia, the jury have selected 15 films for the festival to be held in Merimbula from August 20-22.
- Bagan, Barra Barra, Mirriwar (Land Sea Sky) - directed by Andrew Robinson of South Pambula and Cheryl Davison of Tilba Tilba
- Invisible - directed by John Martin of Merimbula
- Wild Legacies - directed by David Gallan of Tathra
- Yuwinj Dhari-Bulwal (Yuin Stand Strong) - directed by Warren Ngarrae Foster of Wallaga Lake and Hiromi Matsuoka
Also chosen for the festival are:
- The Girl on the Moon - directed by Georgina Jenkins, Canberra
- Bama (youth entry) - directed by Jahvis Loveday of Ocean Shores
- Becoming Emma Braintree - directed by Joshua Koske of Googong
- Changing Paradigms (youth entry) - directed by Henry Smith of Tumut
- The Cookie - directed by Kevin Friesen of Port Kembla
- Local Talent, Global Dreaming (youth entry) - directed by Ryan Twemlow of Berry
- Nanna Power: The Story of the Gloucester Knitting Nannas - directed by Anne Keen of Belbora and Pete White of Buhladelah
- Rising Sun - directed by Daniel Rutter of Dubbo
- Clockumentary - directed by Ursula Woods of Glaziers Bay, Tasmania
- 50 Year Storm - directed by Carlo Lowden of Jan Juc,Victoria
- Painting by Numbers (non-competition screening) - directed by last year's Best Youth Film Award winner Radheya Jegatheva of Jindaloop, Western Australia
From the launch party to film screenings to Q&As by filmmakers and a panel of film industry guests, ending on a high note with the gala awards ceremony, the Far South Film Festival in August will be a weekend to remember.
For those who can't travel to enjoy all that beautiful Merimbula has to offer, and as a backup in case of COVID disruptions, tickets for an online version of the festival will also be available.
Stay tuned through the Far South Film Festival Facebook page and the website www.farsouthfilmfestival.com for news about ticket sales opening in July, film previews, VIP guests and the festival program.