NBN Co apologies for medical centre nbn chaos

Practice nurse Lisa Williams is also having to use her own phone to contact patients.
Practice nurse Lisa Williams is also having to use her own phone to contact patients.

NBN Co has apologised for the delay Tura Beach Medical Centre has experienced in transitioning to the nbn network.

Delays and loss of service in the provision of an NBN connection to the Tura Beach Medical Centre has left staff having to use their personal mobile phones in order to contact patients.

Dr Angela Nimmo and Stephen Nimmo own the practice, and in June Mr Nimmo said the centre started the paperwork in order to move its telephone and internet service to an nbn connection having been told that the copper lines would be disconnected on October 10.

But on September 29 suddenly the phones were disconnected.

The practice had three phone lines, a dedicated fax line and internet connection. With the loss of the lines, Mr Nimmo said calls were being redirected to a single mobile. However that means only one call can be handled at a time.

"The receptionists are looking to see which calls have been missed and then using their own mobile phones to call back patients whose calls have been missed," Mr Nimmo said.

ACM contacted both NBN Co and Telstra for comments about the case.

"NBN Co apologises for the delay the customer has experienced in transitioning to the nbn network," an NBN Co spokesman said.

"We are working closely with Telstra to connect the premises as quickly as possible and thank the customer for their patience."

Telstra regional general manager Chris Taylor said there appeared to have been some confusion in the ordering process to transfer the services across to the nbn with two different orders lodged separately.

This is not the experience that we want for our customers transitioning to the nbn.

Telstra regional general manager Chris Taylor

Mr Taylor said two different orders had been lodged separately and Telstra was now working closely with the customer to resolve the issue.

"This is not the experience that we want for our customers transitioning to the nbn. We are assisting the customer to review the order and will get their services up and running as soon as possible," Mr Taylor said.

Mr Nimmo said they had "two different areas of Telstra telling us different things and we seem to have two orders in the system".

On Tuesday morning Mr Nimmo said the latest information from Telstra was that nbn service would be installed and running by November 1.

This story NBN Co apologies for medical centre nbn chaos first appeared on Merimbula News Weekly.

Comments