Manly coach Des Hasler insists his teams attack can still keep its cohesion without Tom Trbojevic and Dylan Walker despite suffering successive losses.
Manly sunk to their second straight loss without the duo to Newcastle on Sunday, failing to make the most of a glut of second-half possession and territory.
Walker is hoping to be back early from his foot injury to face Parramatta in a fortnight, while Tom Trbojevic is still at least four weeks away with his hamstring.
But Hasler insisted there was no cause for concern after his team's 14-12 loss to the Knights.
"There's still plenty of time," Hasler said.
"The back to back loss is definitely one that is not good. We don't work for back-to-back losses.
"There are some areas there we can work on, plenty of improvement."
Hasler was however much happier with his team's defence, after they let in just two tries despite Newcastle having the better of the ball in the first half.
This week's clash with St George Illawarra is now a crucial one for Manly, given they are at 4-4 and are sitting just outside the top eight on for-and-against.
Meanwhile, Hasler suggested he would continue to tinker with his halves combination and who partners Daly Cherry-Evans.
Lachlan Croker started at No.6 in the loss to the Knights, but endured a tough opening before being pushed to dummy-half when Cade Cust came on.
Cust stayed at five-eighth for the rest of the match, with Croker benched when starting hooker Danny Levi returned to the field.
Croker had been impressive off the bench earlier in the season, while Cust too had his moments in Sunday's loss.
"We can keep playing around with that," Hasler said.
"Lachlan Croker did a lot of work in the middle when he changed there (and that's why he came off)."
Australian Associated Press