Power outages remain in south

Crews work where a power pole had been completely burnt away.

Crews work where a power pole had been completely burnt away.

More than 300 homes remain without power from the southern end of Eden to the Victorian Border.

Essential Energy said repairs were ongoing and efforts being made to reconnect all their customers as quickly as possible.

However, an update on Tuesday said that a number of energy assets had been damaged by the border fire and were impacting restoration efforts.

Some homes were reconnected around Pericoe and Towamba on Monday, and as of Tuesday repairs were continuing with the company saying just seven customers remained to be reconnected in the area.

The company said access to parts of Nullica was impossible with active fire areas inhibiting work.

The majority of those left without power remain in the Kiah, Edrom and Wonboyn areas with 224 homes still without power.

The current timeframe from Essential Energy is that homes will not be connected before January 20.

Crews were busy on Tuesday repairing or replacing poles around the Cobargo and Brogo areas, while a further four poles were replaced near Bemboka restoring power to some affected homes there. However, critical works south of Eden can not be completed until the all clear has been given by RFS with a restoration time still to be announced.

For further outage information customers can visit the Essential Energy website, www.essentialenergy.com.au or by contacting Essential Energy on 13 20 80.