Dressed to impress parents and carers joined their children at Club Sapphire in Merimbula on Friday night for the Lumen Christi Catholic College Year 12 Graduation Dinner.
The evening was one to remember as the class of 2019 celebrated the recent completion of their HSC examinations marking the end of their secondary education.
Over 200 guests mingled and reminisced with one another about their time at the college before enjoying a sit down three-course dinner.
After dinner students, staff and parents gave thanks in heartfelt speeches, acknowledging the vital role each other plays in educating our young adults.
College and house captains were recognised for their strong leadership and valuable contributions to life at the college.
A variety of awards were presented to outstanding students who were chosen from a strong field of students worthy of recognition.
Principal Steve Centra took the opportunity in his final address to the students, to challenge them to be authentic to themselves and to live a life of colour in service of others.
As the formalities of the night came to a close the class of 2019 gathered together on stage singing one of their favourite songs, Sweet Caroline, one last time before heading to the dance floor to dance the night away.
Award winners on the night included:
- Principals Award - Brytan Aldridge, Alex Smith, Kirsten Fraser and Isabel Bellicanta;
- ADF (Long Tan) Award - Jackson Toms;
- Sporting Award - Zac Wels;
- Cultural Award - Hayleigh Lonesborough and Jessica Newell;
- Unique Contribution Award - Lanh Moulds;
- All-Rounder Award - Rory Munt;
- Paul CarrollService Award - Maddison Pettigrove-Barr; and
- Light of Christ Award - Riley Otton.