Several horses have been seized and a Candelo horse owner served with 38 charges after alleged incidents of animal cruelty, the RSPCA has said today.
An ongoing RSPCA investigation into the welfare of the animals has resulted in alleged cruelty and neglect in relation to providing feed, water, shelter and treatment for the horses.
The horses were in the Candelo area South West of Bega.
The seized animals are receiving veterinary assessment and treatment.
The list of charges is as follows:
- 10 charges of allegedly failing to provide veterinary treatment to horses;
- Seven charges of allegedly failing to provide proper and sufficient food to horses;
- Five charges of allegedly failing to provide proper and sufficient drink to horses;
- 12 charges of allegedly failing to provide proper and sufficient shelter to horses;
- Three charges of allegedly failing to exercise reasonable care of horses to prevent the commission of an act of cruelty upon the horses;
- One charge of allegedly failing to alleviate pain.
RSPCA NSW has seized several horses from properties in Candelo as part of this investigation.
The charges are listed for Mention in Bega Local Court on Tuesday, September 10.